Environmental and energy policy
We assume our environmental responsibility by ensuring that all production units within the Group comply with the environmental requirements laid down in acts and ordinances. Environmental objectives are followed up in conjunction with our financial reporting, and we engage in dialogue with stakeholders on the environmental impact of our activities and products. Our production units work to continuously improve the production process and our goal is that all investments in the mills will also benefit the environment.
Rottneros' environmental and energy policy
- All production units within the Group must comply with the environmental requirements laid down in acts and ordinances.
- One environmental target within the Group is to reduce emissions to levels that are financially viable and ecologically justified. The equivalent applies for energy consumption when choosing energy sources. The primary raw material in pulp production - wood - is a renewable raw material that shall be acquired from sustainable sources in accordance with the Group's traceability certification.
- All employees must have the necessary expertise regarding the environment and energy, be aware of the environmental and energy policy and actively contribute to its fulfilment.
- Environmental protection and energy targets are regularly monitored together with financial reporting.
- An active dialogue is pursued with stakeholders on the impact of the Group’s activities and products on both energy consumption and the environment.
- One goal for product and process development is to limit their environmental impact and to reduce energy consumption, in both production and the use of the Group’s products. Product development shall also lead to new areas of application, contributing to a more sustainable development in the society.